What is sure to immediately become the most attended show of its kind, the Metrolina Expo Marketplace will be held the first weekend of every month in 2009. In addition to over 98,000 square feet of indoor shopping, the show will feature an open air market, Antique Village, Piccadilly Lane and farmer’s market, driving attendance to record levels.
Metrolina Trade Show Center is one of the Charlotte area’s largest and most versatile event facilities offering climate controlled buildings, outdoor exhibit space, concessions, and free onsite parking. It has recently undergone upgrades and renovations to the appearance of its main event hall, complete roof repair, and has opened brand-new restroom facilities.
Metrolina Trade Show Center is family owned and operated and has more than 30 years of experience in hosting collectible and antique shows. Management is currently working with the City of Charlotte to become an official hospitality and tourism destination for visitors.
Reserve Your Space Today!
Metrolina Expo Marketplace always welcomes new dealers the opportunity to join. If you are a dealer interested in joining us, please fill out the form below and someone will contact you regarding availability and details.
MAP of Grounds
Download Building Layouts
- Heat and Air Conditioning
- Electricity and Tables available for all booths
- Pegboards available for inside booths only
- Fluorescent Lighting
- All New Food Services On Site, Including Beer and Cocktails
- Large Roll-up Door Access
- Public Announcement System
- Large Asphalt Areas
- 24 Hour Security
- Outdoor Lighting and Electrical Hook-ups
- Fenced-In Camping Spaces
- Newly Renovated Restrooms
- Free Wireless Internet, Custom Audio/Video Available
- Free Parking for Public and Exhibitors
- Local and Regional Multi-Media Ad Campaign
- Conveniently located to hotels, restaurants, area attractions
- … and just minutes from uptown Charlotte
- Building A: 37,000 sq ft
- 198 exhibit spaces
- Building B: 15,000 sq ft
- 104 exhibit spaces
- Building C: 20,000 sq ft
- 131 exhibit spaces
- Mall Number 1
- 25,000 sq ft – 168 exhibit spaces
- Mall Number 2
- (covered w/open sides) 10,000 sq ft – 80 exhibit spaces
14 buildings offering 160 exhibit spaces*
2 buildings offering 112 exhibit spaces*
* These buildings are dedicated to our permanent antique shops and boutiques and are at 100% occupancy at the time. Please call Metrolina Tradeshow Expo for availability.
Over 100 acres – 3000-plus exhibit spaces
The customer parking area can accommodate up to 20,000 vehicles.
The parking is “FREE” to the public and exhibitors.
Show Dates & Prices
JANUARY, FEBRUARY, MARCH, MAY, JUNE, JULY, AUGUST, SEPTEMBER, OCTOBER and DECEMBER
- Building #A (8×10) $95/105
- Building #B-C (8×10) $90/100
- Mall #1 (10×10) $75/85
- Mall #2 (8×10) $70
- Outside (12×20) $50
- Early Set Up Fee $25
- Camping with Electric $15
- Table Fee $10
- Peg Board Fee $10
- Extra Badge Fee $5
Spring Spectacular and Fall Extravaganza Shows
APRIL & NOVEMBER
- Building #A (8×10) $135-$175
- Building #B-C (8×10) $125-$165
- Mall #1 (10×10) $85-$105
- Mall #2 (8×10) $80
- Outside (12×20) $75
- Tent (8×10) $125
- Tent (Private Call)
- Tent Electricper 2 plug/duplex outlet $100
- Early Set Up Fee $50
- Camping with Electric $15
- Table Fee $10
- Peg Board Fee $10
- Extra Badge Fee $5
All corners in Buildings A, B, C and Mall #1 are extra. Please call for pricing. Building A, B and C include one table per space. Limited fenced in camping available at $15 per night. Call for space reservation.
- All dealers must submit photos of their merchandise and or booth set up to be in our Buildings.
- All balances must be paid in full BEFORE you will be allowed to enter the property and set up your booth.
- Dealers in Building A agree to have 90% Antiques in their booth and clearly mark which items are not antiques. Reproductions must be marked as NEW.
- Dealer agrees to truthfully represent their merchandise and have prices clearly marked.
- Dealer agrees to arrive and set up booths on the required set up day and stay until Sunday at 4:00. If you do not show up on set up day your booth may be resold and you may be moved to another location at management’s discretion, IF booths are still available and it does not disrupt the show.
- Dealer agrees to unload their merchandise and remove vehicles from the buildings by 12:00 noon on our set up days. You may return to set up your merchandise after removing vehicles. Set up time is until 5:00 pm.
- Dealer should be in their Booth at all times or have someone covering it for you. Dealer is responsible for their own merchandise.
- Dealers are required to report any breach of security to the show staff in the office in Bld. C.
- If you use lighting in your booth Dealer agrees to use low wattage light bulbs.
- Foul language and general rudeness will not be tolerated. If you need help handling a situation a staff member will be happy to assist you.
- Dealers must check the local laws regarding the sale of firearms.
- All tables must be covered and displays or shelving must be secured and no higher than 6ft. in height.
- Dealer agrees to abide by a 10 mph speed limit while inside the show grounds.
- Parking rules will be enforced. If you Park illegally you may be towed and charged $100.00 to retrieve your vehicle. Please read Monthly Newsletter for Parking specific information.
- Subletting your spaces is not permitted.
- No fault cancelation policy will be enforced.
- Dealers are responsible for any loss or liabilities of their merchandise.
- Metrolina Expo Marketplace Show staff and Management reserve the right to photographs any person or merchandise during our Antique show for any purpose.
- Dealer pets must be properly restrained during show hours in your booth. Pets are not allowed to roam freely. Dealer agrees to scoop all poop. Please walk into the fields away from the back doors of our Buildings. If you do not clean up after your pet you will no longer be allowed to bring it with you.
- Dealers agree to put 50 % deposit down on all booked spaces. If there is NO DEPOSIT there is NO Space.
- Communication is Expected. If you change your address, phone #, email address etc. it is your responsibility to inform the Antique office staff of the changes so we may update our database.
- The Management of the Metrolina Expo Marketplace Show reserve the right to space assignment.
- Dealer Agreements are strictly a planning tool for our staff and are NOT Contracts. Management may reassign Dealer spaces without prior notice for the betterment of the show.
- Right Of First Refusal
“Right of First Refusal” and “No Fault” Cancellation Policy
Our Permanent Dealers will have the “Right of First Refusal” on the spaces they use monthly. Spaces not assigned to Permanent Dealers will be available on a first come basis. All space must be secured with a 50% Deposit at the time of booking. Our Refund Policy Rules are clearly stated and will be strictly enforced. In short, Permanent Dealers will need to pay a 50% Deposit on their spaces for the next show you plan on attending or the spaces will be released for resale.
“NO FAULT” CANCELLATION POLICY* is as follows:
WE DO NOT REFUND MONEY. We can only apply it to a future show.
Up to 25 Days before show load in date:
FULL Deposit money will be applied to the next month you plan to attend.
If you PAID IN FULL your FULL Payment will be applied.
24 to 7 Days before show load in date:
50% of the Deposit Money will be applied to the next month you plan to attend. 50% will be retained.
If you PAID IN FULL 50% of the 50% Required Deposit will be retained, the rest will be applied to another show.
6 to 0 Days before show load in date:
NO Money will be applied.
*“No Fault” Cancellation means we do not require a reason for the cancellation. All cancellations are simply cancellations. Emergency situations will be assessed on a individual basis at the discretion of the Management.
It is necessary for us to enforce these policies in order for us to continue our efforts to advertise and promote this Show. Success requires policies and planning and we are working very hard for you.
CLICK HERE for printable copy of Right of First Refusal Document